Red Velvet Brownie Hearts
Turn an easy brownie mix into a Valentine's Day treat with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- 1 package (family-size) fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 bottle (1 ounce) McCormick® Red Food Color
- 8 cups (2 pounds) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- Mix confectioners’ sugar, water and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Cook on medium-low heat until sugar is melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla. Tint with desired food color. Spoon or pour icing over top and sides of brownies. (If icing becomes too stiff, gently reheat to pouring consistency.) Let stand until icing is set.
- Use remaining icing to decorate or write on brownies, if desired. Pour small amount icing into small resealable plastic bag. Snip off a tiny piece from the corner. Squeeze through hole in bag to decorate or write on brownies. Let stand until icing is set.
Brownie recipe adapted from mccormick.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/