Skillet brownie carmelita’s
A skillet for brownies? Yes teach me please.
- In a medium bowl add 3/4 cup melted butter, 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, cocoa, 1 cup flour and 1 cup rolled oats.
- Mix until just combined and then press into the bottom of a prepared 12inch cast iron skillet.
- Place skillet into 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. (Convection oven 350)
- While that is baking (and using the same bowl) put remaining melted butter, remaining brown sugar, remaining flour, remaining oats and remaining baking soda in bowl and stir until combined.
- When time is up, remove skillet from oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the hot cookie.
- Pour caramel sauce over chocolate chips. (Can reduce amount to 3/4 cup if you prefer; I like a lot of caramel)
- Press cookie mixture over the top of the caramel sauce. Be careful as the skillet is still very hot.
- If any of the caramel is showing it may burn and turn dark brown, so I try to cover up as much as possible. Usually this means grabbing small hand full's of the cookie mixture and pressing it a bit, then laying it on top of the caramel carefully. Repeat until completely covered.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes more. The edges should be darker, but not burnt. Allow the carmelita to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Can be stored at room temperature in an air tight container.
Brownie recipe adapted from iambaker.net
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/