These brownies will satisfy the vegan craving for chocolate.
- About 200 gr of whole grain wheat flour
- 60 – 70 gr of cacao powder
- 70 – 100 gr of brown sugar
- 200 ml of strong, dark coffee
- 100 ml of sunflower oil preferably cold pressed
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 vanilla stick
- Half to one tablespoon of cinnamon, cloves powder and cardamom powder
- One teaspoon of nutmeg and ginger powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 spoons of malt or any other liquid sweetener
- 2 spoons of apple vinegar*
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. In a separate bowl mix first all dry ingredients. Add then the oil and coffee. You should get more liquid dough so if it is too firm, add some water. Add then the sweetener and, right before you pour it in the baking mold, add the vinegar and quickly stir. Put the baking paper in the baking mold and pour the dough in it. Bake for about 30 – 40 minutes. Check after 30 minutes if it’s baked. You can easily check by putting the fork in brownies. If it stays clean, they are baked.
- Don’t worry if you are out of the vinegar. I often forget to put it. It doesn’t change the taste. The vinegar is there only to help the brownies “rise”. But it will be just fine even if you “forget” it. LOL!
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/