Booze + brownies = so dark and rich and just perfect
For the Frosting
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate covered espresso beans, coarsely chopped
- For the brownies, melt baking chocolate with butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour chocolate into mixing bowl, add sugars. Stir well. Add in eggs, espresso powder and Bailey's. Add in flour and salt, stirring until blended.
- Spread batter into a parchment paper lined 11x7 baking pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until brownies appear set on top. Remove and cool completely.
- For the frosting, melt baking squares with butter on low heat. Stir until completely melted. Transfer to large mixing bowl. Beat in espresso powder, heavy cream, Bailey's and powdered sugar. Beat for 2-3 minutes until completely combined. Add more cream if necessary to get desired consistency. Spread over cooled brownies and sprinkle immediately with chopped espresso beans. Refrigerate until set, about one hour. Cut and enjoy!
Brownie recipe adapted from shugarysweets.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/