Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
Cream Cheese Topping
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together all topping ingredients until blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Line a 13 x 9" baking pan with foil, letting ends extend a bit over sides and grease with butter.
- In a small pot or a double boiler on the stove top melt the chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Remove from the heat.
- With wooden spoon, stir in sugar, vanilla and salt into melted chocolate mixture.
- Be sure the mixture is only just warm then add the eggs, one at a time, stirring briskly after each egg, until well-blended. Stir in flour.
- Spoon brownie mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Spread the cherry pie filling next.
- Spread the cream cheese topping over the cherry pie filling.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until brownie edges begin to pull away from sides and cream cheese topping is slightly brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When cooled, sprinkle on the chocolate chips and chill for at least 4 hours before cutting.
- After chilling, lift out the brownie by using the foil that lines the pan.
- Place on cutting board and cut into squares.
Brownie recipe adapted from grandmotherskitchen.org
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/