Slapped together with a little bit of creativity and some bananas, we ended up with something rather superb.
- 1 box of brownie mix (we used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 8 x 8 square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, butter, eggs, bananas and nuts if using. Mix until fully incorporated. You do not need to add anything else despite what the box may say (no oil or water).
- Bake brownies for 30 minutes. Remove and cool completely on a cooling rack. Brownies should still be soft in the center.
Brownie recipe adapted from blueeyedbakers.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/