Gluten Free Fudgy Brownies
These brownies are decadent, very rich, and deeply chocolatey, so much so that even one with a fierce sweet tooth can have one small square and be satisfied.
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 8 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup GF certified oat flour or unbleached all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350'. Line the inside of a 8'' square pan with parchment or foil allowing the excess edges to extend beyond the edges of the pan. Lightly grease with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, then add the chocolate and stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla until combined. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the flour, pinch of salt and stir energetically for 1 full minute, until the batter looses its graininess, becomes smooth, and begins to pul away from the sides. Stir in the chopped nuts of preferred add ins.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle the cocoa nibs on top and bake until the center is almost set, about 25-30 minutes. Don't overbake. Let them cool completely before lifting out the parchment to remove brownies.
- These brownies will keep well for 4 days and can be frozen for one month. For a clean cut, chill the brownies to get even edges and clean the knife between slices.
Brownie recipe adapted from sproutedkitchen.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/