Mississippi Mud Brownies
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. Sugar
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) melted butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten and room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 bag-ish large marshmallows (toasted coconut covered highly recommended)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9×13? pan. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter, whisked eggs, and vanilla. Using a whisk, stir until mixture is combined and no dry lumps remain. Spread batter in 9×13? pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Cooking time will vary based on altitude so start checking at 25 minutes. Brownies are down when a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean and moist.
- When brownies are done, remove from oven and place the marshmallows in a single layer on top. Return to the oven for 3-4 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed and starting to turn light golden. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, beat together the frosting ingredients on high until light and fluffy. Spread over the cooled brownies and cut into squares. Makes about 24 brownies.
Brownie recipe adapted from heatherlikesfood.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/