Salted Caramel Brownie Jars
Salted Caramel Brownie Jars look and taste delicious. Makes a great gift too.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon (3 teaspoons) vanilla extract 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups heavy cream (WARM IT IN THE MICROWAVE FIRST)
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 3/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 9″x13″ pan with nonstick foil.
- In a large bowl, add 4 eggs, and beat with cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Stir until fully combined and smooth.
- In the microwave, melt butter. When melted, add sugar, and stir to combine.
- Add warm butter/sugar mixture to the egg/cocoa mixture, stiring until smooth.
- Add the flour to batter and stir until fully incorporated.
- Spread batter into prepared pan, and smooth as needed.
- Bake brownies about 30 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick. You should find moist crumbs. Cool and cut into small bite sized squares.
- Spread the sugar in an even layer in a large metal pot, at least 6 quarts. Set over a moderate heat and cook without stirring, until the sugar near the edge just starts to liquify.
- Use a wooden spoon and begin stirring, encouraging the melted sugar around the edges toward the center, delicately stirring up any sugar melting on the bottom as well. The sugar will start to look pebbly as it cooks, but keep going until it is melted completely and an amber color. If you think it is cooking too fast, lower the heat and keep stirring. Be patient.
- Continue to cook until the sugar turns deep brown. Once brown, take it off of the heat!!!!
- Time to add the cream but here is my trick….only add a DROP at a time and stir, stir, stir. This will eliminate the seizing of your caramel and you will love me for this trick. Keep adding a drop at a time and stirring until all of the cream is mixed in. Be patient…you have a lot of cream so this will take a few minutes. Once smooth, add butter and salt. Let cool. Will store in fridge up to one month. HA! As if it will last that long…ever!!!! TOO delicious!! Makes 2 cups
- Layer Mason Jars with brownies, caramel, cream and repeat!
Brownie recipe adapted from hugsandcookiesxoxo.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/