Waffles are whimsical treats. It's that checkerboard shape with all its nooks and crannies that pulls you in. The whimsy transfers to the brownies as well. They're so darn cute and delicious that you will find a smile in every forkful, and that is what dessert is all about.
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (plus whatever eggs, water, and what-not that it calls for)
- ice cream, for topping
- Preheat your waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Make the brownie batter according to packaged directions.
- Liberally spray waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray. Pour brownie batter into the center of the iron, letting it spread out to the edges. Do not over fill.
- Cook the waffle brownies for five minutes or until the outside is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Use a fork to get under the corner of the waffle brownie then carefully slip a spatula underneath and gently remove it from the waffle pan. Serve immediately with ice cream.
- Note: If you want to keep the finished brownies warm while you cook the others, place them on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and keep in an oven at 200 degrees.
- These guys are a little difficult to get out of the pan. Make sure you spray the waffle maker well with nonstick spray. Also, be gentle and give the waffles a lot of support when you're taking them out of the iron.
- Don't just settle for plain vanilla ice cream; almost any flavor would be delicious atop these waffle-ized brownies!
- You can use homemade batter if you want, but this is such a quick, easy, and delicious dessert that I don't recommend over-complicating it. Buy some boxed mix; the world isn't going to end.
- Try these toppings along with the ice cream: whipped cream, fresh fruit, caramel sauce, melted peanut butter, candied nuts, chocolate chips, or crushed Oreo cookies.
- This is a great snack for parties, sleepovers, or whenever you have company because it's easy but so much fun!
Brownie recipe adapted from thesmartcookiecook.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/